Saying Good-Bye to Mrs. Nydegger (taken from the Green River Montessori Newsletter March 2010)
On March 19th, we will say farewell to Andee Nydegger. Andee has been an important and joyous part of our school since the fall of 2006. She leaves GRMS to fulfill her teaching internship in the public school system for K-8 certification. Although Andee is anxious to explore the opportunities beyond our small school, she knows that the doors of GRMS will always be open to her. She has left a lasting impression on the children, parents, and staff members of our school. We will remember her bubbly personality, her sense of fun, her positive energy, and her commitment to the Montessori method of education. She has been an excellent teacher to the children and an inspirational role model to our entire staff.
May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day. May songbirds serenade you every step along the way. May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue. And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through. ~Irish Blessing
MY LETTER:
It was destiny that I walked into Diana’s office in August of 2006. I was struggling with wanting to pursue teaching or changing careers. In one meeting with Diana I was encourage to remain teaching and to come to work at Green River Montessori. I really liked the school’s overall philosophy and collaborative environment. The campus was eclectic, the staff was captivating, and the kiddos were oh-so-precious!
Now the time has come for me to leave GRMS in order to finish my degree by student teaching in a public school in Tacoma. It is with many mixed emotions that I reflect on my past four years here:
That first year I taught a Kindergarten class and met some of the (now) older elementary students: Duston, Rebecca, Keerthi, Jonah, and Jeffrey. It is so cool to see the “Montessori Continuum” in action because all of these children have become highly capable, sentient individuals. I am so proud to have been able to work with them each.
The next year I taught in a Kinder/1st combination class and met another round of unique students, including Hailey and Melina. It was at this point that I really connected with the GRMS community, with family cooperation and friendships surrounding us all. Then, the following fall, I moved up to teach lower elementary, and I thought, “Yikes! Can I do this?” and the answer was a resounding, “YES!” I was still able to work with the students that I had grown with and cared so much for over the past two years, and met more students that would become indelible in my heart. Jesse, Megan, and the entire Fietz family became like an extension of my thinking. It was easy to be with them day after day.
This year I have been working with a 3-6 year old class upstairs, and it has been so good to get back to my kindergarten roots! Singing silly songs, and drinking purple cows are only a part of the unending fun we have together. I believe that this is the age to which I am most attracted to work with because you can literally see light bulbs coming on as they understand something new. The students in our room now all have so much promise and beauty within them; I wish to tell each and every one of them how much I hope and dream for their future.
I am much honored to have worked with such a fine staff here at GRMS. Mrs. Lana, Mrs. Mason, Mrs. Fietz, Ms. Shott , it has been my privilege to have worked closely with you. I am a far better off person for it. Mrs. Jackie, Mrs. Adrienne, Mrs. Luda, and Mrs. Duncan - I regret never teaching in rooms with you, but I have gleamed brilliant ideas from your classroom environments and thoroughly enjoyed all of our conversations. Ms. Tina and Mrs. Mary – you two are the glue to the whole school. You make all of our lives better and more enjoyable with each contribution you make. Ms. Linda – I believe I will miss you and your delicious meals most of all : )
To Diana, it is through you that all things are possible. You have built up a marvelous school and in doing so, created a legacy in the city of Auburn and in Montessori Schools. Thank you for believing in me and giving me the opportunity to know you and your glorious community that is Green River Montessori School!
Alles liebe,
Andee Nydegger
No comments:
Post a Comment