23 June 2010

Marking this Moment



OK ~ So I am 37 years old, just graduated from college, struggling with the loss of Abel & Dad, in love with my life and potential right now, amazed with my growing children, and what do I do to mark this point in my life?............. get a tattoo, of course!

This honey bee jeweled piece was my inspiration for the tattoo. I picked it up at the Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City back in 2007. It reminded me of Abel and a few of his possessions that I still have around the house ~ the pillow, the tea cups from Paris ~ I also thought about how honey bees represent prosperity and harmony and wanted this permanent marking to represent all of that.


I went to the Crimson Heart Studio with my best bud Camille ~ met in Germany when I was pregnant with Luke ~ who wanted to get a nose piercing. We chose the summer solstice for our date and never looked back.

Lance was my "Rembrandt" and first sanitized and temporarily inked my shoulder with the outline.



The master at work....... It wasn't really that painful, just pinching. The whole process took about 45 minutes. Not too shabby!

Fini~


We got silly afterward and took some fun photos...



2 comments:

Goodbye Dad Bod said...

AH!!! there's a giant bee on your shoulder!

Morgan said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!